As you know, we have quite a track record in family travel. So, instead of just another generic list of quotes about travel with family we wanted to share a personal list that truly expresses our deep-rooted love for travel. It’s great to see that the kids are enjoying our adventures just as much as we are. These shared family travel experiences really take our mutual bond to a whole new level. A family that travels together stays together, right? Along the way, our children have learned to be curious and open towards new cultures and to deal with unforeseen circumstances. I actually planned on writing an entire article on what traveling means to us. But then I thought of a better way to share our love for travel, one that would spark your wanderlust too. Hence, this selection of top family travel quotes sprinkled with some fun vacation quotes.
We don’t exactly need an extra incentive to travel as a family, now do we? From city breaks to road trips and from beach vacations to jungle explorations, we appreciate travel in all its facets. Our wanderlust has taken us from our home in Ghent (Belgium) to nearby places such as France, Portugal, the Netherlands and Malta and to far-flung destinations like Hawaii, Panama, Mexico and the UAE. We love sharing our favorite travel tips with you on the blog. But still, I love family adventure quotes (and quotes in general, really). It still amazes me how a few words can carry such great power. Whether you’re looking to be inspired, reassured, soothed or empowered, there’s always a quote that fits the bill. I actually keep a list of quotes in a few different themes. Seriously, I do. Now, promise not to hold that against me, will ya? 🙂 My hope quotes really offered comfort during the darkest days of the pandemic. But now, it’s almost time to spread our wings again. So, get ready to feel the travel-itch with this personal selection of family travel quotes.
So, are you ready to spark that wanderlust with our favorite quotes about traveling with family?
21 Valuable travel with kids quotes
The following travel with family quotes can be considered our mantra. We strongly believe in the educational value of travel but also in its fulfilling aspect. We consider our family adventures to be the greatest gift we can give our children. By traveling as a family and by sharing these family adventure quotes with our kids, we hope that they’ll appreciate the wonders of the world and put some of their minor worries in perspective as they grow up.
- “Actually, the best gift you could have given her was a lifetime of adventures.” – Lewis Carroll
- “If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine, it is lethal.” – Paul Coelho
- “Travel is still the most intense mode of learning.” – Kevin Kelly
- “Don’t tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you have travelled.” – Mohammed
- “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” – Gustave Flaubert
- “Stuff your eyes with wonder, live as if you’d drop dead in ten seconds. See the world. It’s more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories.” – Ray Bradbury
- “To my mind, the greatest reward and luxury of travel is to be able to experience everyday things as if for the first time, to be in a position in which almost nothing is so familiar it is taken for granted.” – Bill Bryson
- “To move, to breathe, to fly, to float, To gain all while you give, To roam the roads of lands remote, To travel is to live.” – Hans Christian Andersen
- “I always wonder why birds stay in one place when they can fly anywhere in the world. Then I ask myself the same question.” – Harun Yahya
- “And at the end of the day, your feet should be dirty, your hair messy and your eyes sparkling.” – Shanti
- “Own only what you can always carry with you: know languages, know countries, know people. Let your memory be your travel bag.” – Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
- “Our happiest moments as tourists always seem to come when we stumble upon one thing while in pursuit of something else.” — Lawrence Block
- “A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes
- “The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things – Henry Miller
- “Some beautiful paths can’t be discovered without getting lost.” – Erol Ozan
- “Once in a while it really hits people that they don’t have to experience the world in the way they’ve been told to.” – Alan Kneightly
- “There are no seven wonders of the world in the eyes of a child. There are seven million.” – Walt Streightiff
- “We travel not to escape life but for life not to escape us.” – Anonymous
- “I would rather own little and see the world, than own the world and see little of it.” – Alexander Sattler
- “There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other wings.” – Hodding Carter
21 Inspirational quotes about family travel
During our family travels, we increasingly try to increase the level of daring adventure. A family vacation is the perfect time to test our limits and get out of our comfort zone. These inspirational family adventure quotes help us do so.
- “Travel and change of place impart new vigor to the mind.” – Seneca
- “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness.” – Mark Twain
- “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.” – Marcel Proust
- “So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
- “You’re off to great places, Today is your day, Your mountain is waiting so… Get on your way.” – Dr. Seuss
- “Of all the books in the world, the best stories are found between the pages of a passport.” – Saber Ben Hassen
- “People don’t take trips, trips take people.” – John Steinbeck
- “It’s good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters in the end.” – Ernest Hemingway
- “We leave something of ourselves behind when we leave a place, we stay there, even though we go away. And there are things in us that we can find again only by going back there.” – Pascal Mercier
- “Take only memories, leave only footprints.” – Chief Seattle
- “Travel empties out everything you’ve into the box called your life, all the things you accumulate to tell you who you are.” – Claire Fontaine
- “There’s something about arriving in new cities, wandering empty streets with no destination. I will never lose the love for the arriving, but I’m born to leave.” – Charlotte Eriksson
- “Travelling, it leaves you speechless then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Batutta
- “Never did the world make a queen of a girl who hides in houses and dreams without travelling.” – Roman Payne
- “Above all, watch with glittering eyes the world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places.” – Roald Dahl
- “We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.” – T.S. Eliot
- “I soon realized that no journey carries one far unless, as it extends into the world around us, it goes an equal distance into the world within.” – Lillian Smith
- “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” – André Gide
- “Without new experiences, something inside of us sleeps. The sleeper must awaken.” – Frank Herbert
- “Nothing can be compared to the new life that the discovery of another country provides for a thoughtful person. Although I am still the same I believe to have changed to the bones.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “Traveling in the company of those we love is home in motion.” – Leigh Hunt
5 Quotes about vacation and life in general
The following inspirational quotes are not necessarily family vacation quotes since they can be interpreted in a number of ways. But we apply these words to our travel mindset and, in that capacity, they become powerful family trip quotes. So, any time you need to find balance, need to find yourself again or seek motivation to regularly escape the daily grind, then consider these inspirational travel quotes.
- “Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Can you remember who you were before the world told you who you should be.” – Danielle Laporte
- “Never get so busy making a living that you forget making a life.” – Dolly Parton
- “Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a car that you are still paying for – in order to get the job you need to pay for the clothes and the car and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.” – Ellen Goodman
- “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” – Neale Donald Walsch
5 Short travel quotes that will – eventually – make me fulfill my dream of relocating
Let me let you in on a little secret: I dream of relocating to some place tropical, enjoying a slower-paced life so that we can fully enjoy our precious family moments in a new setting. Looking at you, Hawaii. 😉 Just to learn how it feels to start over someplace new, to immerse ourselves in a new culture and to explore new grounds much more thoroughly than a vacation allows. So, what’s keeping me? Let’s say we kind of live in a golden cage and this dreamer needs to get her realistic husband on board. But I’m working on that. Until we finally take the plunge, these short travel quotes make sure never to give up on that dream.
- “Every dreamer knows that it is entirely possible to be homesick for a place you’ve never been to, perhaps more homesick than for familiar ground.” – Judith Thurman
- “A change in latitude would help my attitude.” – Unknown
- “I want to go home… I just haven’t found it yet.” – Unknown
- “If we were meant to stay in one place, we’d have roots instead of feet.” – Rachel Wolchin
- “And suddenly you know… It’s time to start something new and trust the magic of beginnings.” – Maister Eckhart von Hochheim
So, are you feeling that travel itch yet? I know I am but, hey, what else is new?
I have to admit that, while I’m writing this post, all these happy memories come to mind. Not only that, it also makes me daydream about the family adventures ahead. Do these quotes about family vacations have that affect on you too? If so, let’s spread our wanderlust as a team! Just go ahead and share one of the photos in this post on Pinterest. Happy family travels!
Of course, a list such as this one is never complete. So, I do hope to update it on a regular basis. But I’d love for you to give me your input as well! Can you think of family vacation quotes that just need to be featured here or that evoke a precious memory? Let me know in the comments below and I’ll gladly give your favorite family travel quote a place on our list.