The corona virus outbreak turned our world upside down. Life as we know it has came to an abrupt stop and we’ve had to adapt to a new reality. In these challenging times, it’s important to never lose hope in life. Positive thinking can be so powerful. So can words. Until we can spread our wings again, we’ve swapped our usual family travel quotes for the best quotes that inspire hope. They help us put things into perspective and focus on the positive. We vividly hope that these words of comfort and encouragement can help you hang in there, lift you up and see the silvering lining. Maybe they even bring back happy memories from past trips, as they did for us. Here are our favorite inspirational quotes of hope in life.
Do you value the power of quotes as much as we do? Then here are some other quotes that you may appreciate:
- Waterfall quotes that reflect the power of nature and inspire to book a next adventure.
- Family travel quotes to spark your wanderlust
Now, without further ado, let’s discover some of the best and most inspirational quotes on hope in life and the silver lining.
Inspiring quotes of hope in life
- “Sometimes when things are falling apart, they may actually be falling into place.” – J. Lynn
- “One day this will be over and we will be grateful for life in ways we never felt possible before.” – Matt Haig
- “There’s a crack in everything, that’s how the light gets in.” – Leonard Cohen (This reminded us of our visit to the Benagil Cave in Portugal.)
- “Don’t grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form.” – Rumi
- “Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less.” – Marie Curie
Thank you for pinning our quotes about hope in life with your loved ones.
- “One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time.” – André Gide
- “And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.” – Haruki Murakami
- “Life’s challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they’re supposed to help you discover who you are.” – Bernice Johnson Reagon
- “A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials.” – Seneca
- “When the world pushes you to your knees, you’re in the perfect position to pray.” – Rumi
- “I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflections.” – Thomas Paine
- “A bend in the road is not the end of the road…Unless you fail to make the turn.” – Helen Keller
- “The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.” – Dolly Parton
- “The secret of happiness is freedom and the secret of freedom is courage.” – Thucydides
- “We must accept finite disappointment but never lose infinite hope.” – Martin Luther King Jr
- “It’s funny how, when things seem the darkest, moments of beauty present themselves in the most unexpected places.” – Karen Marie Moning
- “If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
- “The same wind that blows down your house shakes berries from the bushes.” – Marci Ridlon
- “Hope can be a powerful force. Maybe there’s no actual magic in it, but when you know what you hope for most and hold it like a light within you, you can make things happen, almost like magic.” – Laini Taylor
- “Hope lies in dreams, in imagination, and in the courage of those who dare to make dreams into reality.” – Jonas Salk
Thank you for pinning these famous quotes for hope in life with your loved ones.
Never underestimate the power of hope in life. It has a proven impact on health and happiness. Read more here.
Life quotes about hope
Sometimes we set ourselves unrealistic expectations. This can make us blind for what’s right in front of us. Try enjoy the little things in life and to live in the moment. Find the silver lining and take it from there. The following selection of famous hope quotes might help you get your hopes up.
- “Remember: the time you feel lonely is the time you most need to be by yourself. Life’s cruelest irony.” – Douglas Coupland
- “Too many people miss the silver lining because they’re expecting gold.” – Maurice Setter
- “A positive statement propels hope toward a better future, it builds up your faith and that of others, and it promotes change.” – Jan Dargatz
- “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness.” – Desmond Tutu.
- “And the most you can do is live inside that hope. Not admire it from a distance but live right in it, under its roof.” – Barbara Kingsolver
- “The important thing is not to stop questioning.” – Albert Einstein.
- “Hope is the only bee that makes honey without flowers.” – Robert Green Ingersoll
- “All kids need is a little help, a little hope and somebody who believes in them.” – Magic Johnson
- “They say a person needs just three things to be truly happy in this world: someone to love, something to do, and something to hope for.” – Tom Bodett
- “All I ever wanted was to reach out and touch another human being not just with my hands but with my heart.” – Tahereh Mafi
Motivational quotes of positive thinking
It’s so important to remain positive, even when things get tough. The following quotations about hope will help you look at a gloomy situation through rose-tinted glasses. It’s important to remember that setbacks are only temporary and that there’s always light at the end of the tunnel.
- “I don’t think of all the misery, but of the beauty that still remains.” – Anne Frank
- “As the world gets darker, let your light shine brighter.” – Anonymous
- “The healthiest response to life is joy.” – Deepak Chopra
- “But I know, somehow, that only when it is dark enough can you see the stars.” – Martin Luther King, Jr (So true! We saw more stars than we could count when we spent a night in the Dubai desert.)
- “Hang in there. It is astonishing how short a time it can take for very wonderful things to happen.” – Frances Hodgson Burnett
- “Going through things you never thought you’d go through will only take you places you never thought you’d get to.” – Morgan Harper Nichols
- “Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” Khalil Gibran
- “Once all struggle is grasped, miracles are possible.” – Mao Zedong
- “Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning how to dance in the rain.” – Viviane Greene (Oh boy, did we dance during our Maui trip when it was pouring rain on Kapalua Beach.)
- “Hard times are like a washing machine: They twist, turn & knock us around, but in the end we come out cleaner, brighter and better than before.” – Anonymous
Silver lining quotes
The hopeful quote “Every cloud has a silver lining” is all about finding something positive in a gloomy situation. There are plenty of hopeful quotes that deliver a similar message. They may use other metaphors but they too motivate us to look for the bright side in any situation. Here’s a selection of other silver lining sayings to lift your spirit.
- “Remember that only your body is in quarantine, your mind has the freedom to travel anywhere you want.” – Janesh Vaidya
- “What a lovely surprise to finally discover how unlonely being alone can be.” – Ellen Burstyn
- “My imagination functions much better when I don’t have to speak to people.” – Patricia Highsmith
- “There are always flowers for those who want to see them.” – Henri Matisse (And just like that, we’re transported back to Keukenhof Gardens and the Dutch tulip fields.)
- “Even sorrow has its silver lining, as the emotion that pours forth reminds us of our capacity to love, and to be loved.“- Rob Kozak
- “You have to do everything you can, you have to work your hardest, and if you do, if you stay positive, you have a shot at a silver lining.” – Famous hope quote from the award-winning Silver Linings Playbook movie.
Thank you for pinning our silver linings quotes.
Words can work wonders. We truly hope that our selection of life quotes will give you hope, will help you put things in perspective and focus on the positive. Don’t focus on what you lost, but focus on something better and work towards that new goal. Hang in there and have faith, it will get better! You may not be able to live life to the fullest right now, but you will again in the future.
For now, enjoy the little things. In times like these, it becomes clear what a person needs to be truly happy… and that’s surprisingly less than what we thought we needed.
And when things get back to (the new) normal, we can pick up where we left off. To us, that means traveling. Have a look at our family travel quotes to find out more about our travel philosophy.